Colne Capital Allowances was established by David Nutt in 2012 and provides a specialist property tax service to a broad range of clients including; owner occupiers, high net worth individuals, property funds, property investment companies, tenants, landlords, commercial property agents, construction consultants and accountancy firms.
Colne Capital Allowances have a team of consultants, all of which have combined quantity surveying and tax expertise. We have offices in London and Essex providing advice to companies and individuals across the UK.
We believe that we offer a unique capital allowances service using a combination of tax, surveying and property expertise in order to obtain the best results for clients in terms of level of capital allowances claim, value for fee and quality of service.
David Nutt originally trained as a quantity surveyor before working for a leading capital allowances practice and heading up the capital allowances team at one of the worlds largest property consultancy firms. David is a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT).
Specific reasons for using Colne Capital Allowances include the following:
- Extensive experience of all property sectors
- Senior capital allowances specialists with over 25 years of experience
- Combined property, surveying and tax expertise - genuine specialists
- Dual qualified in surveying and tax - Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and Association of Taxation Technicians
- Excellent track record of dealing with HMRC enquiries and negotiation
- Regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- UK wide coverage - offices in London and Essex
- Quick and reliable
- Ability to work alongside client’s in-house tax team
- Proactive approach
- Information collection with minimal client disruption
Value of claims
- Extensive property and land valuation knowledge to
enhance level of claims
- Quantity surveying assessments can be undertaken
where cost information is incomplete
- Tax legislation and case law knowledge to extract the
more unusual qualifying items
- Fully disclosed detailed reports to mitigate future
- Non- aggressive approach
- No saving/no fee
- Transparent fee levels - percentage or fixed fee basis
- Alignment of fee to actual tax saving
Free Consultation Service
- Initial review can be undertaken to establish if a tax saving exists
- Free capital allowances strategic advice for all existing clients
- Free transactional advice for all existing clients